Genshin Impact has swept the gaming world with its immersive world, stunning graphics, and engaging gameplay. The game has garnered a massive following, with players investing hours upon hours exploring the vast open world and unlocking new characters. With more than 30 unique playable characters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, the game offers a diverse range of play styles that cater to different players.
However, with so many characters to choose from, it can be challenging to decide which ones to invest in and how to build them. That’s why this ultimate character guide is here to help you navigate the game better. In this guide, we’ll provide you with Ascension mats, builds, weapons, teams, and tips for every character in the game.
Whether you’re a seasoned player or just starting to explore the world of Teyvat, this guide will provide you with the necessary information to make an informed decision about which characters to invest in and how to build a strong team that can take on any challenge. So, without further ado, let’s dive in and explore the world of Genshin Impact with our Ultimate Character Guide!
Genshin Impact: Ultimate Character Guide
One of the most important aspects of developing characters in Genshin Impact is ascending them. Ascension requires specific materials, which vary from character to character. These materials can be obtained from defeating bosses, completing domains, or purchasing them from souvenir shops. It’s important to plan ahead and farm these materials to ensure your characters can reach their maximum potential.
Building your characters with the right artifacts and weapons can greatly enhance their abilities and performance in battles. Each character has their own unique talents and abilities, so it’s important to build them accordingly. Some characters excel as DPS while others are better suited as support. Experiment with different builds to find what works best for your play style and team composition.
Building a well-rounded team is essential for success in Genshin Impact. Each character belongs to a different element and has their own strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to build a team that can cover all necessary elements and roles. Some characters have synergy with certain elements or can trigger elemental reactions, so it’s important to consider each character’s abilities when building a team.
– Don’t neglect your lower rarity characters, as they can still be powerful with the right build and team composition.
– Prioritize upgrading your DPS characters’ weapons and artifacts first, as they will deal the most damage.
– Utilize elemental reactions to your advantage, as they can greatly increase damage output.
– Take advantage of cooking to gain temporary buffs before battles.
– Don’t be afraid to use your characters’ abilities frequently, as they can recharge quickly with proper team compositions.
- Sample Ascension Materials:
- Pyro Regisvine: Agnidus Agate Chunk, Everflame Seed, Crimson Agate
- Childe: Shard of a Foul Legacy, Cleansing Heart, Dragon Lord’s Crown
- Qiqi: Hoarfrost Core, Shivada Jade Chunk, Violetgrass
What are Ascension Mats?
Ascension Mats are materials that players need to collect in order to ascend their characters to higher levels, increasing their stats and unlocking new abilities. Each character in Genshin Impact requires specific Ascension Mats to ascend to the next level.
How to Obtain Ascension Mats?
Ascension Mats can be obtained through various ways such as defeating bosses, completing quests, and opening chests. Some Ascension Mats are also available for purchase from local specialty stores or can be obtained through events.
Types of Ascension Mats
There are several types of Ascension Mats, including:
- Gemstones: Used to ascend characters from level 1 to 20.
- Local Specialties: Used to ascend characters from level 20 to 40.
- Common Materials: Used to ascend characters from level 40 to 50.
- Boss Drops: Used to ascend characters from level 50 to 60.
- Gemstones and Boss Drops: Used to ascend characters from level 60 to 70.
- Common Materials and Boss Drops: Used to ascend characters from level 70 to 80.
- Lucid Dreaming Fragments: Used to ascend characters from level 80 to 90.
Importance of Ascension Mats
Ascension Mats are crucial in enhancing the strength of characters in Genshin Impact. Ascending characters to higher levels unlocks new abilities and increases their base stats, allowing players to tackle more challenging content in the game. Collecting and farming Ascension Mats is essential for players who wish to strengthen their characters and progress further in the game.
Main DPS Build
The Main DPS Build focuses on increasing a character’s attack power and critical damage output. Equip the character with a weapon that has a high base attack and prioritize artifacts that add Attack%, Critical Rate, and Critical Damage.
- Weapons: Primordial Jade Winged-Spear, Skyward Harp, Amos’ Bow, Wolf’s Gravestone, Skyward Atlas, Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds
- Artifacts: Gladiator’s Finale, Bloodstained Chivalry
The Support Build is designed to enhance the team’s overall performance by providing buffs, debuffs, and healing. Equip the character with a weapon that has a low energy requirement and prioritize artifacts that add Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery, and healing bonuses.
- Weapons: Blackcliff Warbow, Lion’s Roar, The Flute, Favonius Warbow, Sacrificial Fragments
- Artifacts: Noblesse Oblige, Maiden Beloved, Exile
The Elemental Build focuses on enhancing a character’s elemental skills and bursts, and can be used as a Main DPS or Support. Equip the character with a weapon that has a high elemental damage bonus and prioritize artifacts that add Elemental Mastery.
- Weapons: Skyward Blade, Rust, Prototype Rancour, Mappa Mare, Eye of Perception
- Artifacts: Crimson Witch of Flames, Thundering Fury, Viridescent Venerer, Lavawalker, Instructor
The Hybrid Build aims to combine elements of the Main DPS and Support Builds, allowing a character to deal damage while also providing team support. Equip the character with a weapon that has balanced stats and prioritize artifacts that provide a mix of Attack%, Energy Recharge, and Elemental Mastery.
- Weapons: The Black Sword, The Stringless, Solar Pearl, Favonius Lance, Sacrificial Sword
- Artifacts: Artifact sets can vary depending on the character’s playstyle and team composition, but good options include Gladiator’s Finale, Noblesse Oblige, and Viridescent Venerer.
A bow is a long-ranged weapon that is ideal for taking down enemies from a distance. These weapons excel at dealing elemental damage, making them a great choice for characters that specialize in elemental abilities. Some bows are better for charging shots, while others are better for spamming arrow shots.
- The Stringless: Increases Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst damage by 24%.
- Rust: Increases normal attack damage by 40% but decreases charged attack damage by 10%.
- Amos’ Bow: Increases Normal Attack and Charged Attack DMG by 12%. Increases DMG from arrows shot by a further 8% for every 0.1s that the arrow is in flight, up to 0.5s.
A catalyst is a magical weapon that is used to cast spells. These weapons are perfect for characters that focus on dealing elemental damage and healing. Catalysts come in different shapes and sizes, with some being better suited for elemental reactions and others being better suited for healing.
- The Widsith: When a character takes the field, they will gain a random theme song for 10s. This can only occur once every 30s. Recitative: ATK is increased by 60%. Aria: Increases all Elemental DMG by 48%. Interlude: Elemental Mastery is increased by 240.
- Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds: Increases Movement SPD by 10%. When in battle, gain an 8% Elemental DMG Bonus every 4s. Max 4 stacks. Lasts until the character falls or leaves combat.
- Skyward Atlas: Increases Elemental DMG Bonus by 12%. Normal Attack hits have a 50% chance to earn the favor of the clouds. which actively seek out nearby enemies to attack for 15s, dealing 160% ATK DMG. Can only occur once every 30s.
Building a Strong Team
One of the most important aspects of Genshin Impact is building a strong team that can handle a variety of challenges. It is important to consider the elements of each character and how they interact with others. It is also important to have a balance of ranged and melee fighters, as well as healers and support characters.
Here are some team recommendations based on different scenarios:
- Exploration team: Anemo Traveler, Xiangling, Fischl, Barbara
- Pyro team: Diluc, Xiangling, Bennett, Barbara
- Freeze team: Kaeya, Chongyun, Tartaglia, Barbara
- Electro team: Razor, Fischl, Beidou, Barbara
Team synergy is crucial in Genshin Impact as it can greatly improve the effectiveness of your team. Characters that have elemental reactions with each other can deal extra damage and support each other. For example, pairing Keqing and Fischl together can create a powerful Electro-Charged reaction. It is also important to consider the passive talents of each character and how they benefit the team.
Adjusting Teams for Different Challenges
It is important to be flexible and adjust your team depending on the challenge you are facing. Some enemies may be resistant to certain elements, so it is important to have a variety of characters at your disposal. Additionally, certain domains and bosses may require specific elements or characters to succeed. Keep experimenting and adjusting your team until you find a combination that works best for you.
1. Team Building
Building a well-rounded team is essential in Genshin Impact. Make sure to have characters with different elements as well as different roles, such as DPS, Support and Healer. Experiment with different combinations and find what works best for you.
2. Resource Management
Resources such as Mora, EXP, and materials are crucial in leveling up your characters and weapons. Make sure to use them wisely and focus on prioritizing which characters and weapons you want to level up first.
Exploration is key in Genshin Impact. Make sure to explore every nook and cranny of the map, as there are hidden treasures, chests, and puzzles to discover. Take advantage of Teleport Waypoints and the Statue of Seven to mark progress and ease traversal.
4. Elemental Reactions
Understanding the different elemental reactions is important in maximizing your damage output. Experiment with combining different elements and see which reactions work best for your team.
5. Daily Quests and Commissions
Completing daily quests and commissions gives you extra rewards, such as Mora and Primogems, which can be used for wishes. Make sure to complete them every day for maximum rewards.
Take part in limited-time events to earn exclusive rewards, such as rare materials, weapons, and characters. Keep an eye out for event news and participate as soon as you can.
7. Co-op Play
Playing with friends or joining random co-op parties can make grinding and exploring more fun. Plus, you get bonus rewards for completing challenges together. Make sure to communicate with your team to make the most of co-op play.
How do I know which ascension mats are needed for each character?
You can find a list of required ascension materials for each character in the character details menu. You can access this menu by clicking on a character in your party or in the character menu. The required ascension materials are usually specific to the character’s element and weapon type.
What are the best weapons for support characters?
Weapons that increase energy recharge rate are great for support characters who rely on their elemental burst. Examples of such weapons include Sacrificial Sword, Favonius Codex, and Favonius Lance. It’s also important to consider the character’s role in your team and choose a weapon that complements their abilities.
How can I increase a character’s talent level?
To increase a character’s talent level, you need to obtain talent level up materials. These can be found in domains and weekly boss fights. Once you have the necessary materials, you can use them to level up the character’s talents in their character details menu.
Are there any characters that are particularly good for dealing elemental damage?
Yes, there are many characters who excel at dealing elemental damage. Examples include Diluc and Klee for pyro damage, Tartaglia for hydro damage, and Keqing for electro damage. It’s important to build your team around elemental synergy to maximize your damage output.
What are the best artifacts for a physical damage dealer?
For a physical damage dealer, it’s important to focus on increasing their attack and physical damage. Artifacts that increase attack and critical rate are great for this, such as the Gladiator’s Finale set. The combination of a physical damage goblet and a crit rate or crit damage circlet also work well.
Can I use the same team for both exploration and combat?
Yes, you can use the same team for both exploration and combat. However, it’s important to consider the enemies and elemental puzzles you may encounter in different areas. For example, if you are exploring a cold area, you may want to have a character who can provide warmth or shield your team from the cold.
What are the best team compositions for dealing with bosses?
Team compositions for boss fights vary depending on the specific boss and your characters’ abilities. However, a common strategy is to have a healer, a support character who can generate energy for your damage dealers, and two damage dealers who excel at dealing the boss’s elemental weakness. Examples of good support characters include Venti and Mona.
Are there any tips for fighting elite enemies?
Elite enemies can be tough, but there are a few tips that can help. Firstly, try to take out the smaller enemies around the elite enemy first to make it easier to focus on the elite. Secondly, pay attention to the elite’s attack patterns and elemental abilities so you can dodge and counter accordingly. Lastly, use elemental reactions to your advantage to deal more damage and control the fight.